statements, terms or notices provided to you.
We collect information about you in three ways: (1) from your input through our web forms, app forms and other mechanisms, (2) from third-party sources, and (3) through automated technologies.
The types of personal information that we collect directly from you depends on how you interact with us and the Service and may include:
1. Contact details, such as name, email address, postal address, social media handle and phone number;
2. Other account or event registration and profile information, such as educational, employment and professional background, dietary and accessibility requirements, and photo;
3. Payment information, such as credit or debit card number;
4. Comments, feedback and other information you provide to us, including information that you send to customer support and messages, appointment inquiries and other information that you wish us to share with our exhibitors, visitors, partners and others;
5. Interests and communication preferences, including matchmaking, event planning, networking choices and preferred language.
To protect the safety and wellbeing of event participants, we may conduct disease prevention measures, which may include collection of health data through temperature screening, test-and-trace with the relevant health authority, monitoring for visible symptoms, or referral to quarantine or medical personnel.
We also may obtain personal information about you from our group companies and from other third parties, including:
1. Service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customise certain products to your location;
2. Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities;
3. Social networks when you grant permission to the Service to access your data on one or more networks;
4. Publicly-available sources and data suppliers from which we obtain data to validate or supplement the information we hold.
Our Service may automatically collect information about how you and your device interact with the Service, including:
1. Computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system, platform and other software installed on your device, unique device identifier and other technical identifiers, error reports and
2. Usage data, such as the features you used, the settings you selected, your URL click stream data, including date and time stamp and referring and exit pages, and pages you visited on the Service;
3. For location-aware Services, your location data, such as where you are located on the event floor.
We also collect footage and imagery captured through recording, photography, or CCTV at events, offices and other locations.
Depending on how you interact with us and the Service, we use your personal information to:
1. Provide, activate and manage your access to and use of the Service, including your attendance at events;
2. Process and fulfil a request, order, download or other transaction;
3. Provide customer, technical, product and other support and to help keep the Service working, safe and secure;
4. Enhance and improve the Service and our other products and services and to develop new products, services and benefits;
5. Offer you customised content and other personalisation to make the Service more relevant to your interests and geography;
6. Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
7. Notify you about changes, updates and other announcements related to the Service and our other products and services;
8. Deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages, notices, and other information about products, events and services of ours, our affiliates and third parties, such as exhibitors, sponsors, licensees and media partners;
9. Invite you to participate in user testing and surveys as well as sweepstakes, competitions, audience voting, and similar promotions or activities;
10. Identify usage trends and develop data analysis, including for purposes of research, audit, reporting and other business operations, including determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and evaluating our business
11. Support health and safety at our events; and/or
12. Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We may also use your information to:
1. provide relevant networking, speaker sessions, presentations, and exhibitor product recommendations as part of our event matchmaking services based on the preferences and interests you provide during your registration, your interactions on our websites, platforms, and at our events;
2. include in participant directories to provide visitors, exhibitors, and sponsors names and business contact details of those attending the event.
Depending on the Service provided, we share personal information with:
We share your personal information with our affiliates and with exhibitors, sponsors, media partners, joint venture partners and other third parties, including entities for which we are acting as an agent, licensee or event manager, that wish to send you information about their products and services that may be of interest to you, as determined by your choices in managing your communications preferences and other settings.
The Service may include forums and participant directories that let you create a profile and post and share personal information, comments, materials and other content to help others connect with you. Any such contributions you disclose publicly may be collected and used by others, may be indexed by search engines, and might not be able to be
removed. Please be careful when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
The Service may enable you to share your virtual “business card” information with an exhibitor, sponsor or association by tapping your event ID badge on a badge-scanning device at a booth or other event location. This also allows you to receive their product or service details directly to the email address you provide.
When entering a virtual space, zone, or room at an event, your registration details may be shared with other attendees including the sponsor or exhibitor to facilitate event networking real-time video conferencing, online chats, and/or virtual business card drops, subject to additional notices.
We will disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
1. meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation;
2. detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues;
3. protect the rights, property, health or safety of Oddbox Business Solutions, our users, employees or others;
and as part of a corporate transaction, such as a transfer of assets or an acquisition by or merger with another company.
Where you submit content, such as write an article or produce a video, for any of our magazines or other products, or speak at one of our events, we will process some additional personal information about you, including:
professional biography or profile, produced or approved by you, that may contain your image, likeness, or voice, which may be published and made available to our subscribers, event audiences, or published online via our websites and social media
channels for promotional purposes;
and internal editorial, reviewer, commentary, or feedback.
To help improve the diversity of our editorial content and event panels, we may ask you to provide, on an entirely voluntary basis, demographic data such as age, gender, disability, race, ethnic origin, religion and sexual orientation.
Participants, nominees, and sponsors of industry award ceremonies we host are invited to participate through the submission of award nominations, organisational reviews or award ceremony attendance. All nominations and organisational reviews are only used in the administration of the awarding process.
You can customise and manage your communications preferences and other settings when you register with the Service, by updating your account features and preferences, by using the ‘opt-out’ or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive, or by contacting us. We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to the Service whenever necessary.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Service and fulfil the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18 or target the Service to children under 18.
We take precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction using appropriate measures.